It’s 2012 and I hear the “sound of a heavy rain”. The horizon is awash with small prophetic clouds, “the size of a man’s hand” 1 Kings 18:41-46. Something is going on in the heavenlies and here’s my reasoning:
1. The “great” can feel it: The Queen states “Jesus wasn’t a Philosopher …. but a Saviour who came to forgive our sins”. The Prime Minister calls for the Anglican Church to spearhead a revival of Christian morality. When the prophets are the Queen and the Prime Minister, something’s going on!
2. There’s never been so many miracles. Everywhere I go in our region pastors are telling me of cancer patients healed, tumours disappearing, deaf ears opening, long term sick recovering. From small things to life changing miracles, I’ve never seen so many miracles in this region. We long for so much more, but we are in so much more than we’ve ever known!
3. The Unsaved are Drawn: Once again God is bringing people to church buildings and they are saying things like “I’m not sure why I’m here!” They then get saved. When the Spirit Himself is drawing people to church, you know the heavens are pregnant with purpose.
4. Backsliders on fire! I’ve never known the luke warm burst into blaze like the last 6 months! It is so easy to get bogged down with so much in life, but I’ve seen so many friends starting to burn with a passion for the real things of God. Quiet Christians getting passionate. The trendy becoming divine troublemakers! This is God and God alone!
5. The 100 Year Prophecy: The Prophets of Old are speaking; William Seymour, leader of the Azuza Street revival stated 100 years ago, that in 100 years, a greater revival than Azuza Street would be at work in the world. We’re in that time frame!
6. The Word & Spirit Prophecy: Smith Wigglesworth prophesied that after two moves of God (one came to pass in the Anglican renewal, the second in the house church movement) the third would be a coming together of people of Word and Spirit, and this would lead to the greatest move of God the world has seen, eclipsing even the Welsh and Wesley revivals. I have never known people of Word orientation and Spirit orientation come together like they are in forums right across the nation. This is that time!
7. An anointing to Pray. I have never known passion flow from heaven in prayer services like it has done this year. Over the last 9 months there has been a bubbling, growing, passionate cry to God once again for revival. Something is going on as God draws us to pray.
8. Moves of God among the young. Since last summer there has been the sense of the Spirit of God moving among young people. I have seen our youth overwhelmed by God’s Spirit in ways I have rarely seen among the young. They have simply been totally overcome by God’s power.
9. Jean Darnells Communicators prophecy, about the advent of British Christian broadcasting, is coming to pass. She speaks of the fires of a move of God, including young communicators, carrying a move of God from the UK to Europe. Never has the media been so open to Christian things. The table is set. The channels for His glory to flow through is in place. God is about to pour out the new wine into this new wineskin!
10. Days of Wonder In 1996 I experienced the glory of God and He showed me his power moving in the UK and Europe, in parliament, the royal family. He showed me city centres where God’s power was moving in miracles and healings. Stadiums were turned into church buildings. Countless thousands getting saved. God said “The greatest auditoriums in the land will be filled” and he showed me people experiencing His glory. I saw City Halls and theatres used not just for prayer services or Christian concerts, but as places where there was outpourings of His power and Glory, miracles and healings.
For me, booking the Hull City Hall this year 8-10 March 2012 for a revival gathering, where we expect His glory to pour out, miracles to take place, the lame to walk, the deaf to hear … this is all a fulfilment of prophecy. THIS IS THE SEASON OF FULFILMENT!
The 10 clouds are forming together into a great brooding rain storm of God’s glory, ready to wash our land again as in the days of Wesley, Jeffreys and Roberts. Let’s live well, pray well, keep integrity, as we seek to walk with God through these days of wonder. Moves of God, (revival some would call it), is not a “cure all”, not the beginning of Utopia, but rather an increased release of the Kingdom of God on the earth, that you and I would walk “revived”, fully awake to ALL He wishes to do in us and through us.
Like Elijah…. Let’s prepare to run in God’s power!